Saturday, March 13, 2010

thoughts from center stage

dear richmond, i am ok with y'all not dressing for dinner. i have become accustomed to casual dress at nice restaurants. but, for the symphony? give me a break! granted, i`m from texas and to this day my 84 year old grandmother will put on full on makeup to walk to the john deer tractor-shaped mailbox in her front yard. someone may drive up the dirt road, you see. did i mention that she lives on a farm and the nearest neighbor is 1/2 a mile away? so, this is my heritage and i have spent a lot of time in dallas, where people look fab to go to yoga class. but, i do not understand this laid-back, underdressed thing that richmonders do. part of the fun of going to the symphony is getting dressed up, feeling lovely in your finery, having a nice dinner beforehand and seeing what everyone else is wearing. guys, please. no suits without ties. are y`all neanderthals? and for the love of civility, please at least wear a sport coat to the symphony. Ladies, if I see another one of y'all in jeans, I might just shake you. I do not care if it IS symphony pops.

Love,
Jenni

No comments:

Post a Comment