Sunday, June 20, 2010

the best hangover food - vietnam 1

Well, after a lovely but hot day with friends at the Central Va wine festival (followed by sushi and sake and which may have involved a wasabi eating contest), I had a bit of divine punishment meted out this Sunday morning. By 10 am I was starving and I wanted something mild and comforting. Hubs headed to Vietnam 1, which was packed at 11 am (pho is traditionally breakfast food after all), to get me some bbq tofu with vermicelli noodles. I like mine without lettuce and peanut and with lots of fish sauce and chili paste. I also like crispy onions, but hubs forgot. The tofu was tender with a lovely char and the noodles soaked up the sauce and soothed my ravenous appetite in a way that only simple carbs can do. I perked up in no time. Thank you Vietnam 1! I also recommend this dish for those who are not recovering from an indulgent partaking of adult beverages.

No comments:

Post a Comment