Saturday, May 1, 2010

one year

On this my one year wedding anniversary, I want to pay tribute to the creative and executive body behind (and brag about) the menu at my wedding reception. Lisa Benusa at the Mill at Fine Creek met my request for a multi-course, seated, vegetarian dinner head-on, and boy did she deliver! Hubs and I wanted to reprise many of our favorites encountered from our travels together, while paying homage to our native Texas and Hub's Vietnamese heritage, all the while playing with color and texture. Lisa, thank you so much! You made our reception perfect! We still appreciate your hard work, vision and attention to detail; from the flowers in the drinks to the bamboo rice to the servers' bowtie color!

Our cake was baked by Sheila, formerly of the Mill, who is now opening her own cafe and bakery in Powhatan in June (stay tuned for more info!). The cake was so moist and had small bits of almonds in the buttercream for texture which looked almost like handmade paper. It was so good that my Dad still talks about it and I ordered a small cake for today. Once the store is open, I am sure cakes will be shipped off to Texas at regular intervals...

and so without further ado, our menu and pics...


 
Soup Shooter Trio
Gazpacho           Asparagus, Spinach, Tarragon       Borchst

 Fried Green Tomato with Tomatillo-Basil Sauce

 Ginger-Bamboo Rice Cake  &
Mascarpone, Goat Cheese, Black bean- Stuffed Peppers

 Shrimp & Scallop Ceviche            Green Mango Salad

 Grilled Vegetables, Caramelized Sweet Onions, Goat Cheese &
Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto in Puff Pastry

 Lemon & Thyme Sorbet

 Amaretto Wedding Cake     Almond Macaroons     Coffee Liquor Bar



























photo credits: Jennifer Colina Photography

and to my husband, i love you. i am so happy to have found my someone to cling to me, stay with me right or wrong. someone to sing to me, some little samba song. someone to take my heart, and give his heart to me. someone who's ready to give love a start with me. life is so nice with you.

2 comments: